Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey Day

We are celebrating our Thanksgiving today so that nearly all my family can be together. Missing will be my niece, Susan, her son, Rogan, and her fiance, Stewart. They are busy with some of Stewart's family visiting them from out of state. Everyone else will be here for turkey dinner, and then later today we will also celebrate Joyce's birthday (her 18th birthday is on Sunday).

My alarm went off at 4:00am, and I finally crawled out of bed at 4:15am. Here it is now 5:08am, and the big, fat 23-pound turkey is all stuffed and in the oven. My plan was to go back to bed, but my husband decided to get up and out of bed, to come out in the kitchen to see if I needed any help. Which is really, really nice of him. Only thing is, I was at the sink with the turkey, and he came up behind me... since I wasn't expecting anyone to put their hands on my ass and whisper in my ear... it scared the crap out of me!

So now I'm wide awake. And drinking coffee. My mind is all a jumble of what I have to do yet... must make a list...

No comments:

Post a Comment