Monday, November 27, 2006

This door

Our house was built about 14 years ago by my brother, who is a builder/contractor. We have been writing the heights of Joycie & Sammy, and family & friends, on the inside of our pantry door for most of those 14 years. We've missed a few years here and there... not sure why. But there's never been any big plan about it. We just do it when we think about it. Squeezing in names and dates at the top is getting a little crazy. I love comparing Sammy's height to Joycie's at the same age. By age 11 1/2, Joycie was taller than me, and at age 12, Sammy is just a bit shorter. I know girls grow faster than boys... I fully expect Sammy to get taller than Kev, and probably sooner than we like to think.

Should we ever move from this house, which isn't our plan... but should that happen, this door goes with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment