Sunday, November 12, 2006

Squeaky clean self-portrait

The other day when I was outside walking and toting my camera along with me, I took this photo of my gazing ball. It's smallish in size; the glass globe is only about 6 or 7 inches in diameter. The term for its color is "soap bubble." It has that iridescent hue of colors from a prism, in soft pastel. It rests on its own copper stand, about 2 feet off the ground. I've had it a long time. When I first bought it, the copper was bright and shiny, but now it's mellowed to a patina that I wanted. Each spring, I place it in the middle of the Lady's Bedstraw in my herb garden... the contrast of the soap bubble gazing ball with the bright green ferny growth is so pretty. Now, in fall, with all around it mostly brown, it glows.



I took probably about a dozen shots of it with my camera. When I looked at the photos later, I noticed I was in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment