Friday, November 10, 2006

My e-mail conversation with Shirley

Note: unnecessary text removed to present a condensed version...
You're welcome.


Me: Good morning, O Wiser Sister! Did you get your leaves all taken care of? I talked with Mom on my way home from work, and she told me you were out blowing and sucking. ...blah blah blah...

Kathy: Good morning to you, younger and...... hmmmm... less wiser sister ;-) Yeah, we got all the leaves off the yard. ...blah blah blah...

M: Oh, yes, it's ...blah blah blah... I wish you could read my blog at work, coz you're mentioned in my post from yesterday...

K: Will do.... I'll just have to wait until I get home to read it. Yeah, something to look forward to!! You better have said nice things about me or "wiser sister" will become "meaner sister"

M: Now, whoa, hold up there, Nelly.... I didn't say the post was ABOUT you, I said I MENTIONED you!!!! ;-) I'll give you a hint: 1981 and Arby's Beef 'n Cheddar. Technically, that could be construed as 2 hints...

K: Yeah, well a "mention" can be either nice or mean. And you must be kidding, you expect me to remember something from 1981!!!! I can barely remember my name and how to get home on a daily basis. And hints don't work anymore. It has to be more like a slap upside the head to jog my memory. And my name's not Nelly.......

M: Shirley you remember the Summer of Arby's Beef 'n Cheddar!

K: No, I don't.....and don't call me Shirley ;-)

M: Do you watch that TV show "How I Met Your Mother?"

K: Yes, I love that show. This week's was so funny with the name thing for Barney.

M: Yes, yes it was funny, Shirley.

No comments:

Post a Comment