Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thankful

Yesterday's Thanksgiving celebration with my family was wonderful. We all had such a great time together. Lots of laughter through the day. Good food, too. Beautiful sunny weather, warm enough to walk outside after dinner without a jacket.

I borrowed some folding tables and chairs from Janet & Bob, so we all sat down to dinner together at one loooong table...



Not sure what Sammy's face is about, but it isn't about a mouthful of bad food... we had all scrumtious stuff. I think he was probably fixin' to bust out a laugh. Notice all the camoflage hats on the men's heads... yep, we're heathens!



Joycie's 4 pumpkin pies turned out perfect. She did the crusts from scratch, and they were perfect.



Later in the afternoon, we celebrated Joycie's 18th birthday. She finally got her evil camera (read her blog post here), and she's happy with it. Also happy with her Sims pets add-on thing, whatever it's called... she's a Sims freak, that girl. Lots of generous gifts from her family.



I'm looking forward to seeing the photos she'll be taking with that cute, little camera.

Today will be a day of basketball for Sam & I, because he has an all-day tournament. He will have a blast; I will enjoy seeing him play, but I will also be doing a lot of sitting around and waiting. Not my favorite part. Especially since neither Kev nor Joyce will be with me. Kev has to work today, and Joyce has a paper to write (which she has known about for weeks, but it HAS to be worked on today... yep, she doesn't wanna spend all day at Sammy's tournament... I don't blame her...).

We have tons of leftovers from yesterday, and I showed the family where the key to the front door is hidden, so they all better come over and help eat this food... though since Joyce will be here, I guess they don't need the key. There is actually not so much turkey left. I cooked a 23-pound turkey, and there's very little left. Everyone in our family likes turkey, and we were dipping into it later yesterday evening... cold turkey in leftover rolls makes a perfect little sandwich.

I did the picking of the bird carcass, which seems kind of gross... but I enjoy that part. My hands were all greasy and covered in turkey bits. After I get all the nice white and dark meat off and into a container for the fridge, I really pick that bird clean, and I give all those juicy (i.e., gross) bits to Betty and Barney. They LOVE me.

The wish bone is drying on the kitchen windowsill.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:00 PM

    What a great picture of your family sharing Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sheryl!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete