Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's addictive...

or, here's my post with the most links ever

Since we now have high speed Internet, I can finally watch some of those YouTube videos that it seems like the entire rest of the world is talking about... and I'm addicted to this one... it's "1234" by Feist, you know, the one that's on the iPod commerical.

I've watched it so many times. I think it's a great video, and I like the song... I like how the video and the tune seem so dang fun, but the words to the song are not... teenage hopes, tears, lies, sleepless long nights, money can't buy you back the love that you had then... The contradiction is downright cool.

Leslie Feist has a great voice. I also watched her "My Moon My Man" video on YouTube, and it's pretty cool, too... set on an airport moving sidewalk. But the lighting drives my eyes nuts. She is a little odd for my taste. If you go to her myspace page, or on YouTube also, you can listen to her recording of "Sea Lion". I don't really care for her version of it, though. I prefer the one on the soundtrack to the movie, "The General's Daughter" from 1999. (Holy cow, 1999? my, how the years fly.) It's included on the first track as "She Began to Lie" by Greg Hale Jones, with a note that it contains "Sea Lion Woman" performed by Christine and Kratherine Shipp. I bought that soundtrack primarily for that song. It's an old folk song, and you can read more about it here.

And like you can't find it a kazillion other places on the web, here are the song lyrics to "1234" written by Sally Seltmann and performed, very popularly, with no small thanks to Apple, by Feist:

     One Two Three Four
     Tell me that you love me more
     Sleepless long nights
     That is what my youth was for

     Old teenage hopes are alive at your door
     Left you with nothing but they want some more

     Oh, you're changing your heart
     Oh, You know who you are

     Sweetheart bitterheart now I can tell you apart
     Cosy and cold, put the horse before the cart

     Those teenage hopes who have tears in their eyes
     Too scared to own up to one little lie

     Oh, you're changing your heart
     Oh, you know who you are

     One, two, three, four, five, six, nine, or ten
     Money can't buy you back the love that you had then
     One, two, three, four, five, six, nine, or ten
     Money can't buy you back the love that you had then

     Oh, you're changing your heart
     Oh, you know who you are
     Oh, you're changing your heart
     Oh, you know who you are
     Oh, who you are

     For the teenage boys
     They're breaking your heart
     For the teenage boys
     They're breaking your heart


All the dancers on the video look like they are having a blast. I also find impressive how Leslie Feist dances so well in those tall heels.

When I watch it on YouTube, I like to pick out one person out of the group of dancers and try to follow them through the video. Try it for yourself, it's fun. Hey, you'll like it, too... yeah, you... you know who you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment