Friday, November 16, 2007

(Glass Shattering)

I left work early today so that I could pick Sammy up at school as close to his quittin' time as possible so we could get home early. Kev and Sammy made plans to go out hunting together this afternoon, so we had to dash home to give them time to get ready for the woods. On the ride home, Sammy was talking with me about hunting with his dad yesterday.

Early yesterday morning, before 5:00 am, Kev, Sammy and I were up and getting ready. I wasn't going out hunting, I was up to make hot chocolate, fill thermoses and pack food for them. I bought some Michigan apples at the fruit market on Wednesday, and I packed some of the apples for the boys.

This afternoon, while we were driving down Homer Road, Sammy explained to me that when he eats an apple, "just as an apple, not cut up or anything," it's really loud when he eats it. I asked him if he scared all the deer away. He said, "Dad asked me, where'd you get your apple, Ace Hardware?" We both laughed so hard, I nearly had to stop the car. We laughed on and off the rest of the way home.

The Ace Hardware bit is a reference to that sitcom, "How I Met Your Mother" on CBS. The episode was on this past Monday evening, & it's called "Spoiler Alert." I'm not a super huge fan of the show, but I like it. Generally, it's ok. But that episode was hilarious. Kev usually won't watch that show with Sammy & I, but he did this time and he was busting a gut laughing. You can watch the episode online on CBS Innertube. I think you can enjoy this episode without having watched any of the other episodes. So go, watch it... your stomach muscles will get a work out from laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment