Friday, November 23, 2007

Herbs

When Kev and I moved out to our property over 22 years ago, one of the first things I did was to put in an herb garden. It has changed over the years, but it's still there. Sadly neglected this year... but there is always next year! (That seems to be my standard gardening motto of late.)

My Mom and my sisters, Janet and JoAnne, have also grown herbs through the years. Janet still has many herb plants, incorporated with other plants and flowers around her house. Janet has a knack for that gorgeous, unstructured look of gardening... it looks beautiful and unplanned, but it's all very well planned. And very well taken care of.

When we built our house 15 years ago, Janet gave me a gift, something she made. She did 4 small paintings of herbs on ceramic tiles with little frames...



They have been hanging on the wall in my kitchen near the pantry door ever since. It has been a very long time, but I believe I got to choose the herbs... parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme. Those of you my age probably just sang those words to yourself.

By the way, do you like my new masthead?

No comments:

Post a Comment