Thursday, May 03, 2007

Soccer gull

Yesterday evening at the soccer game (which the girls won), it was a cold and, for me, mostly boring event. The sun was shining but the wind was vicious; my face, ears & neck got windburned, even though I spent much of the game huddled in a blanket on my lawn chair with my hood up. Brrr...

Joyce was pretty bored through the game, too... I think she may have touched the ball once.

I spent some time taking photos, until my fingers froze. While I had my camera out, I noticed a lone seagull.



There was only 1, which is not common... when there is one, there's usually more. This gull kept flying up and over the soccer field, coasting low on the wind... going round & round over top of the girls playing on the field.



He'd land and then do it all over again.



Whenever he came near me, I ducked further into my blanket. I kept waiting for him to choose a target and splat on her. So you can see, it wasn't entirely boring...

No comments:

Post a Comment