Monday, May 21, 2007

Pay it forward

You know that TV commercial where someone sees someone else doing something nice & considerate, and helpful, for some stranger, and then they do a nice thing for a stranger, & someone sees them so they do a nice thing for someone... and so on...

I think it's for an insurance company, but I don't know for sure. But I really like that commerical. Wouldn't it be great if people would easily demonstrate common courtesy towards each other?...

Especially, of course, while driving. I'm the person that lets other cars "in"... but when I'm the one that needs "in" there is, unfortunately, more often than not, no one like me in the long line of cars. I especially appreciate it when I'm trying to exit a parking lot onto a busy road, and other cars will stop in line for a red light and totally block off the entrance by stopping their car directly in front of me. I recently sat through 3 long red lights with the nose of my car as far out as I dare poke it until one kind person finally let me into the lane of traffic.

I'd like to take those other people and force them to watch that TV commerical over and over and over and over and over and over...

I would also like to force that viewing on whoever it is here in the office where I work that keeps messing up my print jobs at the printer. Unfortunately, I have to print a lot of things at work (for a variety of reasons & I won't bore you with the details), and when I get to the printer, my print job has somehow ended up out of order. It comes off the printer with all pages together, but for some reason, I have to spend the time to reassemble it, and often search for pages, because some asshole(s) is/are behaving assholeishly.

Grrr...

What I find particularly ironic about this today is that I just had to spend about 45 minutes at work this morning going through the mandatory company "respect and responsibility" online training course.

No comments:

Post a Comment