Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sick Days & Another Magnetic Memory

I haven't been at the office the past couple of days because I've been sick with a cold or whatever... something horrid. I don't really even remember yesterday. Just one big clogged up headache. One of those illnesses that make you hurt from head to toe. Stayed in bed and finally late this morning started to feel a little bit human again. Could stand upright without wanting to barf, but though I could feel the sweat trickle down my back, I was freezing cold. That has passed, and I'll be back at work tomorrow. Though there is no good time to be away from work, this is a bad week since I'm finalizing 3rd quarter and tomorrow is my big deadline. I brought work home with me, but haven't touched it hardly at all. I logged in and waded through most of the e-mails, but I'm sure my in box is overflowing... Oh, joy.

I'm hungry today but still nothing seems good to eat. So I keep going to the fridge and opening it, hoping for some inspiration. In one of the top corners, near the little man magnet, is a small, yellow paper star with gold glitter on it that Joycie made at school when she was in 1st grade. When she brought it home from school, we glued a magnet to the back of it and there it's been ever since. It's helped to hold up a lot of different things through the years, but for the past several, it's been holding a page from one of those page-a-day calendars. Both have an important message.

No comments:

Post a Comment