Tuesday, October 11, 2005

More on Fridge Magnets

While Kev and I go to work, my Mom and Dad have taken care of our kids since the time they were infants and I had to return to work from my maternity leaves. Once when Sam was 4 years old or so (before he started Kindergarten), his Grampa did a craft with him. At that time, and continuing for several years, Sam was passionate about doing crafts. His passion waned to a keen interest, and is now still something he likes to do (but nearly as much as football, basketball & baseball).

This craft that Grampa did with Sammy was memorable to me because I don't recall my Dad ever doing a craft before. His grandchildren changed him in so many ways...! Grampa and Sam made a refrigerator magnet together. It's made out of scrap cloth and paper. It's a little man to stick on our fridge. Every time I look at it I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment