Sunday, October 30, 2005

Overboard

Have you ever bought something, but had no idea what you were going to do with it? I do that, not real often, but definitely on a regular basis. Sometimes, it's something I just really like and don't want to pass up. Other times, it's just such a great deal, how could I not buy 2, 3, or 4...? And then sometimes it's both reasons. One of my sisters doesn't do that, ever. At least I'm sure she doesn't. She is very sensible with her money. I tend to blow money. My kids know this about me, and on occasion use it to their advantage. My daughter knows that if I have a wad of cash in my wallet, she can usually end up with some of it. Sam knows if I've had a couple of beers with a real nice dinner out, that's always a good time to ask me to buy him something. Ah... oh well. I'd rather be known, by my kiddos, as a soft touch than a penny pinching cheapster. Sometimes, though, I wish I were a little more sensible with my cash, like Kathy, my sister.

Recently, I found these little blue glass bottles with cork tops at Pier 1. They had 3 different styles. The blue is a cobalt blue, real pretty. Pretty, pretty blue bottles. They're about 2 inches high, and just so adorable. And on clearance for around 50 cents each. What a deal. I bought 6. Then I stopped by again and bought more. I don't know just how many trips I made in there, but so far I have 32 of these pretty, little blue bottles.



I still have no idea what I'm going to do with them. I think I like them because they remind me of something I saw in a movie. The movie was 'Chrystal' and in the yard of their mountain house was a bush or a shrub with blue bottles stuck on the branches. Of course, these pretty little blue bottles I bought are too small for that... they wouldn't stay on the branches. I liked the movie, though it was a bit odd/disturbing. All of Bill's movies are a bit strange, I think. But what I like most was the blue bottle shrub and the tricycle at the top. (You'll have to watch the movie.)

And I know I have to go out to that end of town tomorrow, so I think I'll stop by Pier 1 and see if they still have any little blue bottles left...

No comments:

Post a Comment