Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday morning snippets

Just heard in the hallway at work: "I love Fridays. Hate Mondays, love Fridays."
No argument here. Especially when your Friday includes "Walk Like an Egyptian" stuck in your head.
Ay oh way oh, ay oh way oh
Walk like an Egyptian
Walk like an Egyptian

-----

Monday evening Sammy and I zipped over to an Old Navy store, and right next to it is a Dunham's (sporting goods store). So we went into Dunham's, & I bought a gym bag for Kev, along with a pair of running shoes & some socks. Kev liked the bag, but the shoes were a regular width & he needs a wide... and the socks were too small. So I took them back, and yesterday evening while Sammy was getting his hair cut, I tried to find a pair of gym shoes for Kev. I found the perfect pair at Kohl's... out of the 50 or so men's gym shoes they had available, I wanted to get Kev this pair of black New Balance running shoes. And I was so bummed when they didn't have it in a size 12-wide. I even asked the guy working there to double-check after he came back out and told me they didn't have a 12-wide. I almost got Kev a 13-wide, but I knew they'd be too big. Then when I got home, there on the counter was a Kohl's sack with a New Balance box... the exact pair of shoes I tried to buy for Kev!... he bought them himself when he was in town yesterday. Guess I know him pretty well.

-----

At work, there is a young woman who works for the janitorial service who is assigned to our area. Trash pickup is on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and she is usually in our pod first thing on those mornings. I get into work a bit earlier than others, so I’m usually at my desk working when she comes around to empty the trash. For some reason, this girl has taken to asking me to hand her my trash... and sometimes, depending on what I’m working on, I am kinda blocking her way to my trash bin. Come to think of it, that’s probably how this started. But I have noticed this young woman’s aversion to bending down. She’s a bit on the heavy side. Well, truthfully, more than a bit. Way more. So anyway, this morning when she did her usual request, “wanna hand me your trash,” she was actually standing closer to where my trash sits than I was. So I turned around and looked at her, said “um, sure” and then rolled my chair over nearer my trash bin so I could reach it, picked it up & moved it forward about 3 inches, closer to her, and then I set it back down on the floor, basically at her feet, then quickly rolled back over and started back to work at my computer. This meant that she had to bend over and pick up my trash. Which, of course, was my intention. I can be very passive-aggressive when the occasion calls for it. She, of course, was not happy about having to actually bend down and pick up my trash, so after she emptied it, she put it back where it belongs in a more forceful manner than usual. She always kind of just throws it back into place where it bangs a little bit against the small, metal file cabinet it sits next to, because placing it on the floor in a normal manner would require bending down. But this morning’s bang was more of a BANG! I’m pretty sure her intent was to annoy me, but alas! it only provided me with a moment of mean satisfaction. Heh heh heh.

-----

Sometimes when I think of a word I haven't used in a while, like "snippet," I go to dictionary.com and look it up and then usually click on Thesaurus just for kicks. One of the synonyms listed for snippet is butt. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment