Sunday, March 06, 2005

Posts

Every once in a while, I get into reading a bunch of other blog entries. Some of them are very, very strange, and some are quite entertaining. It's kind of weird looking into someone's life that way -- kind of like driving by homes at nighttime and looking into the windows of the homes that have their lights on, looking to see what their livingrooms look like, what they have on their walls, if there are any people you can see. I personally have never seen anything other than typical, expected things and people. No one without clothing, no fighting, no unusual decorating schemes. That's how a lot of blogs are. Predictable. Especially the ones by teenagers. Oh, the angst and drama. Young single adults, lots of self-centeredness. Yuppies and new mommies, too cool, way too cool. But they're all so interesting, even the superdooper predictable ones are interesting. Well, not ALL of them. Some are just plain stupid. But by and large, it's pretty good reading.

I have to admit that I don't like the blogs that get super political. It's probably my upbringing and it doesn't truly make sense, but my own personal politics are just that to me -- personal. Thank goodness there's a slew of folks that don't feel that way. But you won't see any political opinions on my blog.

And the blogs that are so open about who they are and where they live and what they do kind of intrigue me. I'm not trying to hide, but I wouldn't intentionally put it all out there, either. But I mean, really, who is gonna look for me on the 'net. Nah. But still, you won't ever see last names on my blog.

The blogs that concentrate on famous people (of the star variety, not like historical figures) can be interesting. All those feelings about someone who will never know you, who would never care about knowing you. The interesting part is why does the blogger care so much about them. I'm a huge fan of TV and movies, but you won't see an in-depth review of either on my blog, or any strong opinions about any actor, director, et al.

I enjoy blogs that give book reviews. Some blogs that I read often, I think I've gained enough of an insight into the bloggers' personalities (which is to say, not much, but enough) to know if they recommend a book, I may like it. I even keep a list now of books I want to read based upon some blog recommendations. You may see a book recommendation on my blog.

And the comments to posts sometimes just crack me up big time, and sometimes I think, man, how sad is that. How sad that someone cares enough about a blog by someone they don't know to verbally attack the person/post. Jeesch. Guess I'm a country girl through and through. Yes, I mean naive. I like it that way. Anyway, I'm not a comment-giver, doubt if I ever will be.

Grammar. Spelling. What the hell is going on?

So why do I blog? Don't really know. I like the exercise of writing. My kids like to occasionally read it and see their dog's picture on it. Maybe if I had kept my blogging secret to my family, I'd have a different style of posting. But I'm not the type to keep secrets. I guess I blog because it's kind of like the same reason I make to do lists. No real point to it! I think just putting down some organized thoughts makes me feel like I've accomplished something. It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment