Sunday, April 08, 2007

You didn't think that was it, did you?

Another 'theme' I noticed in my photos of birds this week is what I've dubbed "the fatso pose." It's been very cold, and we've gotten quite a lot of snow this week. None of the snow has stuck, thank goodness. But even right now, after 1pm on Easter Sunday, it's only 32 degrees F. outside, and I can see the occasional little flake. I believe the birds do the fatso pose to stay warmer... I could probably do a little research on the world wide web, but instead, I present my totally uninformed theory to you now. I think they puff up their feathers to create pockets of body heat to warm themselves. Either that, or they've really been pigging out at the all-you-can-eat buffet courtesy of yours truly.

So here is my current collection of fatso-pose photos. Be prepared to say "awww..."



















No comments:

Post a Comment