Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Woodpile resident

Speaking of the woodpile, when I went out to photograph that pair of strange, short-lived fungi, I got chewed out by a chipmunk. I see this little guy around the woodpile Kev has stacked next to the wood stove often. That chipmunk takes his territory seriously. Which is unfortunate, considering his territory is going to become ashes bit by bit through the upcoming cold winter months... so I've been trying to scare him away from that woodpile. Not that I'm a big fan of chipmunks, since they can be destructive little buggers. But they're just so darn cute. So I decided to see how close I could get to him to snap his picture.



I didn't get that close on Sunday, and he scooted down to the side of one stack. Chewed me out a bit, then when I stepped closer, he ducked into the logs.



I found him peeking out at me from the other side.



I got some photos yesterday, then today, I snuck up on him... I think he was snoozing in the sun, so I got pretty close to him. But then, of course, he noticed me and took off.



But he let me get a nice photo of him first...



Maybe he wasn't chewing me out, maybe that was just his way of flirting with me...



Hey, good lookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment