Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Endings and oddities

Counting carcasses... There are 3 fluorescent ceiling lights in the women’s bathroom I frequent at my workplace. The 3rd light, closest to the row of windows that run along the top of the high ceiling, has the carcasses of 15 large bugs laying in it. They have been there for months. Nearly every time I’m in there, I count the carcasses.

Explaining to your 11-almost-12-year-old son that a “fudge packer” is not a person who works in a fudge shop on Macinaw Island.

Coming home to a different house because your husband rearranged the furniture while you were at work.

Telling someone that your daughter’s Nintendo DS on which you’re playing Sudoku is a Blackberry because you know they won’t know the difference.

Knowing the words and singing along to Fergie’s “London Bridge” in the car last night with my 6th grade son & his friend... and also knowing that she is part of Black Eyed Peas. Also, not being able to get those silly lyrics out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment