Sunday, September 03, 2006

Up & atom, molecule

Sammy & his friend, Brando, had a late night last night & an early morning today... Sam had set his alarm for 6:15am, and I finally trudged up to his room about 6:30am to turn it off and wake the boys. Reilly helped.









Brandon was picked up early by his mom because they're heading Up North today. Kevin is working day-12s this weekend, and a day shift on Monday... he doesn't get the holiday off. Sammy took Reilly and went back to bed right after his friend left. I finished the pot of coffee that Kev made and now have made another. It's a cool, crisp morning, and I have the window open near where I'm sitting. The hot coffee and the cool air is a wonderful combination. I'm listening to a squirrel reading someone the riot act. It's probably a mother squirrel trying to get her kids up. Get up, get up, the acorns won't gather themselves, you know.

The birds are waking, and just a moment ago I heard yipping. It was either a coyote or a fox. Probably heading home and telling their kids to hurry it up. Get a move on, the sooner we're home, the sooner you can rest.

Must be a mom-thing this morning.

Today, Joyce & I and her friends, Allison & Kara, and Ali's mom, Sue, are heading to a big mall Down South to shop for homecoming dresses. I'm just not ready for this... hardly seems the time for it. Anyway, even if it were the time, I would likely not be ready. Don't enjoy shopping all that much. And yesterday, the kids & I finally went grocery shopping, and I dropped almost $400 at the Super Wal-Mart. Ugh. Hadn't been in a good, long while. Out of so much... I even had to buy flour and salt. Cha-ching. And more cha-ching in my future today.

Joyce & I are going to take Sam over to spend the day with his Gramma & Grampa. I haven't seen my Mom since she had surgery on her knee on Wednesday. I can't remember what it's called, but they scraped all the junk out to try and fix it up. Mom says she's doing well... she's pretty darn tough.

My sister, JoAnne, came over last night and had some dinner with us. She said she liked my garden statue... called it "very creative". She probably just wanted my venison sloppy joes. No need to butter me up, Joie.

The garden statue is still kinda sorta not growing on me... ah, well... have to wait & see. I think it will be a pretty thing during the snowy winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment