Sunday, September 03, 2006

My feet are cold

Thomas' original English muffin toasting bread rocks. I like how they call it "the nooks & crannies" bread. Yum.

All that money I spent getting groceries yesterday, & I forgot to buy apple butter. I love apple butter in those nooks & crannies. *sigh*

We watched the movie, "Inside Man" last night. We loved the music. Bollywood style. I liked how Sammy and Brando got up and starting dancing to it. They couldn't help themselves. Butt-wigglin' music. Really good movie, too.

Every time I open my frige, I smell onions. Sweet, smelly onions. I would give that an Ego Emissions rating of at least
.

But then, I LOVE ONIONS.

And I notice onions did not even make the EE listing. They don't even have scallions or leeks.

Green onions got only 28EE. Harrumph.

My cell phone tone is the theme from "Northern Exposure." Sometimes I wait too long to answer it & it goes to voice mail... while I'm enjoying the music.

Sammy & Brando played basketball yesterday evening... briefly. Brandon got stung 3 times, just below his left eyebrow, on his forehead above the same eyebrow and on his right forearm. Those busy hornets have no appreciation for the fine sport of basketball.

I learned that 11-year-old boys do not cry when they get stung, but they do holler the pain away. Tough kid!

Ever since I mentioned Candy & Angel, the 2 horses I used to have, I've been thinking about them. They were great horses. So loving and friendly. Candy learned how to open the barn door to get to the oats, so we had to rig it so she couldn't. Candy was calm and Angel was skittish. They should have traded names.

Joycie & Sammy start school on Tuesday. They're looking forward to it, but I'm wondering where in the hell Summer went.

Today feels like a Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:52 PM

    Okay, maybe I'm totally out of touch with the important things in life, but what the heck is an ego emissions rating? And what family did you really come from, with that loving onions stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...... I wouldn't classify EE rating as "important" since it's a Volkswagon ad campaign thing. It was a pamphlet in the recent Rolling Stone magazine. Joycie thought it was funny. Everyone loves onions, it just that some people haven't fully utilized the more complex and superior levels of brain activity that allow such deep appreciation of the onion. It's a higher plane, baby.
    --Youngest Sister

    ReplyDelete