Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First day of school

Boy, oh boy, oh boy.

Today is the first day of 6th grade for Sammy. I zapped his pic as he was getting out of the car at the school this morning...


Today is Joycie's first day of her senior year of high school. Feels so strange to me. She is working with a teacher at our elementary school, the 4th grade teacher that Sammy had... so awesome. The teacher's 1st name is Jess, and she is an outstanding teacher. Joycie will have such a good experience working with Jess.

Joyce will do that the 1st 3 hours of her school day, and then she has just a few classes, such as Child Development and something else. No technical classes this semester. And her last hour is Publications because she's co-editor of the yearbook this year. She is also on Student Council this year, so she's busy with that. And the book club.

I have to say, it is really nice that she's not playing basketball this year, nor volleyball. It's amazing how much time that frees up for Kev & I, as well as Joyce. And, she was able to move her violin lessons to Wednesdays, right after school. Very handy.

Sammy was so excited this morning. I hope he has a great day... and I'm sure he will. He's such a social animal. Loves being around his friends and making new friends. Very confident kid. He was stylin' in his new shoes & clothes... what a doll. He seemed quite mature this morning, like a young adult.

I feel so strange this morning... I'm having trouble concentrating! Ugh. Anyway, now I must, must, must get my mind focused on work...

My babies are young adults. How in the heck did that happen so quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment