Thursday, September 14, 2006

Surprise!

or... Why The Seat Must Remain Down

This morning, Sammy & I were ready to leave the house, and I realized I needed to go back into my bedroom to grab Joycie's Nintendo DS. I'll need it to keep me occupied (playing Sudoku, which I am totally hooked on) while waiting for Sammy at the middle school this afternoon. I'm picking him up after the first school dance of the year. (For which he is totally excited & hardly nervous at all... that boy is amazing.) So I head to the bedroom, quietly because Kev's sleeping, to get the DS, and Sam goes out & gets in the car to wait for me.

Reilly must have thought we both had left. I quietly came out of the bedroom and when I approached the half bath on the way out through the kitchen toward the garage, I hear the lapping of water via a dog's tongue. But echoey, clearly not out of his water dish in the kitchen... the TOILET! Gross.

When I reached the half bath, Reilly just about jumped out of his skin. I couldn't yell at him (Kev sleeping), so I was whisper-hiss-yelling at him and had to chase him all the way to the back door to give him a whack for good measure. He so knew he was caught. Guilty as hell.

When I went back into the half bath, still cussing him out, to put the lid down, Reilly took that opportunity to sneak by me. I called him over to his water dish, pointing at it. He wouldn't approach me. Stood there, head down, looking from me to the water dish. He knew. He knew just what I meant.

Couldn't believe it. I thought my Reilly was far too intelligent & refined to stoop to toilet water.

I told Sammy all about it on the way to drop him off at school, and he laughed and laughed... When I said, "yeah, right, and doesn't Reilly lick your face and ears and neck and arms and all over you each morning when he wakes you up in bed???" Wiped that smile off his face. Very soberly, Sam said, "We're gonna have to keep the seat down from now on."

Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment