Saturday, September 09, 2006

Rainy football Saturday

Today was the first game of the 6th grade football team that Sammy's on... and it rained during the entire game. Lightly, so it wasn't that bad, but steady. And it was a bit windy, too... so it was wet & cold. And FUN. The boys played so well, including our big defensive backer. They won 32-6. Sammy made some great tackles.

Kev wanted a photo of him to put in his locker at work, so we made him get in full gear before we left for the game.


Of course, Sammy felt like I was taking too many photos. So this is what I got.

He sure is a cute weisenheimer...

Joycie left yesterday evening with her friend, Allison, & Allison's mom, Sue, to go to the Wheatland Music Festival for the weekend. Gary, Allison's dad, went up early to secure a good campsite. They're in tents, so they can be closer to the action. And it rained Big Time last night. I talked with Joycie this morning, though, and they stayed dry. She's having a blast.

Kev is now downstairs doing one last attempt to fix our dying dryer. It screams when it's turned on and will only dry clothes in gentle mode... which can take a few hours if it's towels or jeans. And since it no longer will turn itself off... no problem. We've had this set of Maytag washer & dryer for over 20 years. Got our money's worth out of 'em, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure we'll be buying a Maytag dryer tomorrow.

I finally found some johnny-jump-ups (violas) for my rock garden, and I actually got them planted last night, along with some perennials I've been procrastinating on... Kev & Sammy went to the football game, Joyce had left for Wheatland, and I was home alone. I have been sick with some kind of stomach flu or something for most of the past week... and haven't felt like doing anything. I left work early Friday, came home and laid in the hammock on the porch with Reilly for company (and warmth, the breeze was persistently cool). After a couple hours, I felt better. That evening, I grabbed a pillow and asked Reilly if he felt like another nap... It was a gorgeous evening. We had just settled in the hammock when Barney gave a little whine, and then another. Reilly perked right up and whined back to him. Oh, alright! I got up and let Barney and Betty out of their run, so the 3 could play. They were so dang happy. So... I started puttering around with the plants, and next thing I know, I'm planting with a mission. Got almost everything in the ground; just a few more small things, plants I got from my sister, Kathy. And I felt so much better! I think I sweated all that creeping-crud-flu stuff right out. This morning, I could tell I was better. Ahhh.... finally.

And it was great timing... coz it's been raining ever since I got those plants in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment