Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Breakfast of champions

You know how one post about food leads to another... (oh, just nod your head)

A long time ago, when I was reading some Kinsey Millhone mysteries by Sue Grafton, I decided to try the character, Kinsey's, special sandwich: peanut butter & pickles. Guess what... I liked it, I really liked it!

I think, though, that it's one of those sandwiches that you either really like or you are really grossed out by it. In my house, I'm the only one not in the latter category.

I find that when I eat one, I want one again the next day, then the next, until after a few days, I'm sick of 'em. Then I won't eat them again for a long time. Then I will, out of the blue, remember... hey, a peanut butter & pickle sandwich... hmmm... that sounds good...!

Like I did this past weekend. I packed myself up a bunch of food to have here at work Saturday and Sunday, including the makings of a peanut butter & pickle sandwich. Since I usually have only coffee at home in the mornings, when I'm at the office, I get hungry for breakfast around 9:00 or 9:30am. So I had me one of those wonderful peanut butter & pickle sandwiches for breakfast Saturday morning, just coz I couldn't stand to wait until lunchtime to eat it. Then I had one again Sunday morning, and again Monday morning... you know where this is going, right...

So here it is, my own breakfast of champions from this morning:


(That's not bad water in that bottle, it's bottled water with instant iced tea in it, to keep that caffiene high running smoothly all morning long.)

I have also heard of peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches, and my brother-in-law eats peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I've also heard of peanut butter and potato chip sandwiches. So far, though... I have yet to gird up my loins for trying those sandwiches. Why they sound gross to me and the pickle one doesn't is just one of life's little mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment