Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

I had to get up early to get the Swedish meatballs in the oven, and now I'm wide awake while Kev and the kiddos are sound asleep. The house is so dark and quiet, it makes my typing on the keyboard sound too loud.

I making the meatballs for our family Christmas dinner. It's kind of a tradition in our family to have them at Christmas. I don't know what it is about this recipe that makes the meatballs "Swedish," but they're very good. It's ground ham and pork together with ground corn flakes cereal, then bake them in a sauce of dark brown sugar, dry mustard, water and vinegar. You have to baste the meatballs with the sauce every half hour or so. It's yummy. The house is beginning to smell like sweet vinegar and baking ham.

My sister, Kathy, is having everyone over to her house for dinner. We'll open gifts there, too. The nieces and nephews all get gifts, and the adults do a Chinese auction. It's gonna be a fun day!

And now, I hear Sammy has gotten up. (My loud typing probably woke him!)

Here's comes Christmas! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment