Sunday, July 16, 2006

Forgotten, but not lost...

Got up early again and did some more work in my poor, old herb garden. Kev was getting his tractor out and getting ready to go out and split the wood from the trees that he & Sammy cut down yesterday. But then he heard me say, "I sure wish I had some help from someone big and strong..."

He helped me in that garden for about 2 hours. Kev can get more done in 2 hours than most people get done all day. So I totally forgive him for calling my herb garden "a fuckin' eyesore." We could have debated the degree of eyesoreness between my weedy herb garden and his huge pile of sand next to it... but I'd rather just take advantage of his big, strong muscles and keep my mouth shut, if y'know what I mean...

I found a Jacob's Ladder that I didn't know I still had, as well as a Horehound. My hands ache from pulling out tons of Silver King Artemisia. Ugh. Anyone want some oregano? I am fixin' to destroy a ton of that, too. I also found a well-established chive plant smack dab in the middle of my Yarrow. Grrr...

Haven't touched my rock garden yet... that'll have to wait until next weekend. I'm looking forward to eradicating most of the silly ajuga I planted. It was beautiful this spring when it all flowered purple... but all succumbs to the ajuga; it's a tyrant. Thankfully, it's pretty easy to pull out.

I should have taken "before" pictures, but I didn't. So you'll have to make do with these "after-so-far" pictures.













No comments:

Post a Comment