Tuesday, July 04, 2006

100 past serious

Family BBQ

This is my great-nephew, Rogan; he’s four years old. And as you can see, a little doll! We had a family barbeque this past Saturday, and his momma told me a story about him. She didn’t remember what exactly Rogan was talking about at the time, but he informed her he was “100 past serious.” Which seems way more seriously important to me than being simply 100% serious. I’m not just completely serious, I’m way past that... listen to me NOW, because I’m 100 past serious!

The Big News at the family BBQ was the engagement announcement of Rogan’s mom, my niece, Susan.
This is Susan with her fiance, Stewart.


And just in case you missed it, and how could you???...

What a beauty!

A Texan Visits

My best friend, Sandy, is up from Texas visiting with her folks who are all the way up here in the North country for the summer weather. The kiddos and I got to have a little bit of her time on Sunday, and we had lunch with her. [Note to Sandy: I never listen when someone says they’d better not see those photos on my blog... you should know that about me!] Sandy flew up from DFW on Friday, and got one of the last rental cars available at Detroit Metro. Using a free upgrade coupon she had, she was able to lease a scrumptiously comfortable car. Really, it is... it only looks like a miniature cartoon car with teensy-tiny tires on it... it only looks like a wee little thing that a strong breeze can whisk it around from one side of the road to the other. If this is an upgrade, holy heck... guess they were all out of unicycles. Isn’t it just the cutest little thing?

p.s. Sandy’s car that she drives in Texas is a Crown Vic. This little white Chevy could fit in its trunk. Ugh.

Virginians Visit

We also got to see our friends who are visiting Michigan from their home in Virginia Beach. This is Kathy and Troy, and aren’t they just the cutest couple ever!


And they made 2 adorable daughters, Rylee and Kelsey. We’re hoping to get to see them before they head back home. But it was wonderful to get to visit with Troy and Kathy. I took a bunch of photos, and I just have to share this one. This is a perfect capture of Kathy’s smirk, as only this gorgeous creature can smirk... She’s a hoot.


The Future is New... and Old...

Sunday evening, I sat down on the sofa at about the same time Joycie settled into the recliner & then took the movie we were watching together off pause. Then, in what has apparently become quite the routine, I said, "oh, crap, I left my glasses on the [insert 'table' or 'counter' or 'desk']" at which point I expect my child-of-younger-legs-and-greater-energy to re-pause the movie and jump up and go get them for me. Joycie re-paused the movie, looked at me and said something like, “YOU ARE SO OLD." Not those exact words, but I know that's what she meant.

The next morning at work, while eating my cereal at my desk, I checked out one of the blogs I like to read sometimes... I don’t usually link to other blogs here, but what her son said to her totally cracked me up... and made me feel strangely serious at the same time. A glimpse of the future. If you have a child, particularly an older teen, go read this.

Feel it yet? Oh, yeah. Inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment