Saturday, July 22, 2006

Arrivals and departures

Canada geese showed up at our pond yesterday. They stayed around even while Kev mowed the grass around the pond. They're still here this morning. Beautiful creatures. Seem to be getting along with the turkeys okay, because they were intermingling yesterday evening.





Wild beebalm (Monarda) is everywhere now, while the Queen Anne's Lace is fading a bit. I love the wild beebalm, and I love how it smells.





We did lose some trees during the storm the other night. One small oak right near the herb garden. Kev said there were at least 5 big ones that toppled out back in the woods. Got some cuttin' to do.

My folks lost some trees, too. And pieces of trees. Some are blocking trails... like the huge, old oak that was part of pair down on the bank of the river at the West 20. That tree falling down made me sad. I've known that tree most of my life. Now the other one will likely go sometime in the near future. Once one of a pair goes, the other one is weaker.



Sammy is close to five feet tall, so this gives a perspective of the size of the tree. **sniff, sniff**

No comments:

Post a Comment