Saturday, April 09, 2005

45 and Counting

Today is my 45th birthday, and it sure has started out happy, happy, HAPPY! It's a beautiful, sunny day. Joycie and Sam couldn't wait for me to open my presents, and they were such wonderful and thoughtful gifts. Joycie gave me a book of Michigan perennials, gardening gloves, flower seeds and garden hand tools. I love it all! My fingers have been itching to get into the dirt! (especially since I've been hearing about how much my Mom has been working on her flower beds this week) The book is great, excellent photos and a lot of information on how to grow each plant and what could cause problems, which is what I need. Sammy gave me a the "Song Catcher" movie soundtrack CD, and I just love it.

Even though it's beautiful outside, today I'm going to spend a lot of time inside... downstairs in "my room" cleaning, rearranging and making birthday cards & wrapping presents for some of my family. The sunshine coming through the window will be very cheerful. I'm going to listen to my new CD while I play around down there. In our house, when it's your birthday, you get to do whatever you want, you don't do any housework and everyone waits on you all day, getting your food and drinks for you. It's lovely!

For tomorrow evening, we've invited the whole clan over for a get-together. Just cakes and ice cream. Lots of cakes, because I'm going to enjoy the day by baking, something I love to do. There are quite a few people in my family with birthdays in February and March, and we haven't all had a chance to get together, all together, in a while. Well, it won't be all of us, since that's difficult to do any more, but it'll be most of us.

I haven't been down in my room much lately, not since after Christmas because I've been too busy, so today is special. And since it's my birthday, I feel totally justified in spending all the time I want down there, letting everything else just go for one day. Ahhhh...... joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment