Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bumper Stickers

It's been a while since I've done a post about bumper stickers. Why you ask? Because I haven't seen very many lately. Almost none. Once in a while the usual, "You call me a BITCH like that's a bad thing." Boy, is that one getting old. *snore* And there are always a lot of NASCAR stickers to look at on the backs of vehicles. Personally, I just don't get the whole NASCAR thing. But then I never got "Days of Our Lives" or "General Hospital" either. The beer drinking part I get, but I don't need anything NASCAR to drink me some beers or 2. I also have stopped taking note of most of the political bumper stickers. You've all seen them all, too. *snore*

Then, the other day I saw this sticker on the ass of a Saturn:

If you're not OUTRAGED,
you're not paying attention.

Well, ok then, color me outraged...


Eh. *snore* Just can’t keep that outrage on track. Sorry, downer dude in the Saturn. I’m just too Happy.


Yeah, probably the beer thing.

Then a couple of days ago, I saw this oldie-but-goodie:

I don’t suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it.

Words of wisdom, Lloyd, my man. Words of wisdom.


And then this morning on my way from an early PT session, heading into work, I hit the motherload! A nice, new-looking Ford pickup with 7... count ‘em, SEVEN... bumper stickers on the back of it. I hit the brakes & grabbed my trusty Sony... they read, from right to left, capitalization realistically represented:

SOMEWHERE IN TEXAS
THERE’S A VILLAGE
MISSING AN IDIOT

AGAINST ABORTION?
THEN DON’T HAVE ONE

If You Want a Country
Run By Religion
Move to Iran

ONE NATION
UNDER-EDUCATED

Religions are just cults
with more members

Don’t Pray in Our School
I won’t Think in Your Church

HOMOPHOBIA
IS A SOCIAL DISEASE

I know! Me, too... I read that first one and thought to myself, “now this is going to be entertaining...” What was especially entertaining was the old guy driving the pickup... picking his nose. Eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment