Saturday, May 17, 2008

What did you think I meant? That wasn't it.

Now that Kevin is on the lab tech job he's had since last October & he isn't working any weekends (thank goodness!), he and I have our weekend early morning routine. Coffee.

Sometimes we sit together and go through a pot or two while we talk, other times, we may decide to watch a recorded episode of Lost or CSI while we drink our coffee together. Or, Kev will have some hunting or sports show on the TV, and we'll both semi-watch it while we talk. Sometimes, like this morning, Kev will watch a recorded game (Tigers vs. AZ from last night), and I'll get on my computer.

I'm kinda sorta listening to the game, but also doing some research... last night I had a dream that wasn't about the movie "Twister" nor was it about a scary tornado, but whatever I was dreaming about included those beautiful wind lawn sculptures from "Twister". I've had a thing for those ever since I saw that movie. So this morning I was itching to get on the 'net and see what I could find out. Turned out to be not a whole lot, other than the artist is Evan Lewis and his web site is sorely lacking in photos of his pieces that were in the movie. I tried to find our copy of the DVD, which I believe was downstairs near the TV last time I saw it... but since we moved all the stuff out of that big room for the carpet installation and haven't yet moved and sorted everything back... it was a pointless search. Especially on only one-half cup of coffee. And then I got distracted trying to take photos of the turkeys tearing up the mulch and making a big mess beneath our bird feeders. I want a close-up of one of their heads, because the turkey's head... it's ugly. So ugly, it's very, very interesting to me. They move so quickly, however, and they're smart, so they're leery... I've had no luck on that photo yet.

So anyway, for our weekend mornings, the two most important components are coffee and talk. Kev and I usually take turns filling up our coffee cups. To be honest, Kev has done a helluva lot more filling up turns than I have so far this year...

Just a bit ago, I was standing at my desk trying to take a photo through the window of the damn turkeys, and I finally gave up. Decided it was my turn to fill up...

me: Honey, you ready for a refill?

as I walked over to get his cup...

Kev, with very cute exaggerated enthusiasm: Yes, I am!

as I was heading toward the kitchen...

Kev: And I expect it to be delivered topless.

in kitchen, pouring coffee...

me: No top on your coffee cup. Got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment