Sunday, May 04, 2008

Fox update

I was at my folks' about a week or so ago, and the momma fox had her pups outside the den. They're getting so big and feisty. While I was taking photos, the pups were running around and wrestling with each other. Occasionally, they'd try to wrestle with their momma, but she wasn't having any of it. I spent about a half hour just watching and taking a kazillion photos, and it was awesome. My camera's zoom is 12x, which is ok, but I didn't want to get too close to the den... so following are a few of the best shots I got. I like the 2nd photo below where I caught one of the pups mid-pounce at his brother...









My Mom told me that one time she watched the momma fox climb up to the top of the wood pile while her pups were out and playing around. Mom figures, and rightly so I'm sure, that the momma fox was trying to stay close to her offspring but also get away from them for a bit just for a break. A mother would understand that feeling (especially my Mom who is the mother of 5 kids!).

I talked with my Mom yesterday, and she said the pups are looking like foxes now. Kids, they grow up so quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment