Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What is it - the Downtown version

I left work early this afternoon to run a couple of errands, including picking up a prescription, which didn't pan out. I have been coughing so much during the night that I'm not getting any sleep, and it's weird because the coughing actually stopped for a couple of days and now it's picked back up again Big Time. But I can't take codiene... last time I had it was back in 1982 or so when I had surgery on my ankles, and though it certainly helped the pain (it wasn't as good as the morphine, though), it had an eerie side-effect of making me feel paralyzed. I was fully awake but couldn't get any of my muscles to move, couldn't even move my mouth. It was so long ago, I don't remember all the details now... for example, I don't know how long it lasted, but once it was over, I was fine. I do remember being terrified and unable to speak, all I could do was move my eyes. I could see my hand laying on the bed near the thing that had the button on it to push for a nurse... just laying there. When I was in the MRI machine, I thought about that codiene moment. That was the one and only time I've had codiene, and even though the docs have said it may not happen again, I won't try it. Even if it does help to make a killer cough med.

So I had some time before I had to pick up Sammy (a little early) from school, and I decided to take some photos of our Main Street area. This area has changed so much from the time when I was a kid. Some things are the same because they've been there for decades, but a lot has been done to beautify the downtown area and increase the business, draw in the people to spend some moola downtown. The result is the What is it - the Downtown version, from one end of Main Street to the other:











































No comments:

Post a Comment