Monday, October 15, 2007

My morning commute entertainment

Listening to an AM local news radio station this morning... This is a roughly accurate excerpt from the on air conversation between the 2 guys, dare I say newscasters?, on the show:
Guy 1: Hey, have you seen those big presents? If you're driving on I75 or blah-blah-blah...
Guy 2: Oh yeah, I've seen those - the billboards that look like big wrapped presents with a big bow.
Guy 1: Yeah, I wonder what they're all about.
Guy 2: I've seen maybe 3 of them so far. There's no writing on them.
Guy 1: Yeah, no writing at all. So what do you think's going on?
Guy 2: Maybe it will be some big announcement, like when they unwrap the present.
[me: Ya think?!]
Guy 1: What do you think it's about?
Guy 2: I don't know, but someone is doing something, that's for sure.
[me: OMG, how profound.]
Switching back to CMU public radio, even if it is all about fund-raising.
Two minutes later: Turning off radio.

Bumper sticker seen shortly after turning off radio:
God Doesn't Believe in Atheists

No comments:

Post a Comment