Thursday, August 31, 2006

Painting

Whenever I post photos, I always run them through MS Paint and save them as .jpg files because it drastically reduces their file size while still maintaining good enough quality. I have only dial-up Internet access, so uploading smaller files is a strong preference of mine. (I have checked into high speed, DSL, etc., but so far the only one available to us is by putting a little dish on our house roof and paying about $600 for them to do that, then paying about $150 per month. Ummm... no.)

Sometimes I decide to put a border on the photo, like with the mushroom photo below. That's when I like to use the MS Paint eyedropper tool. I like to pick a shade in the photo itself to use as the border color. I'm easily amused. I can play with that eyedropper for a long while, trying shade after shade after shade... So pleasantly enjoyable. With color.

No comments:

Post a Comment