Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday, Monday, So Good To Me

I didn't go to work this morning because we had an appointment at around noon to have an appraisal done on the house (refinancing again to get a better rate). I had meant to go into the office in the afternoon, but the one meeting I had on my calendar was basically cancelled, and it was such a gorgeous day... I just had to stay home. Kev was sleeping (he's on midnights this week), so it was a very quiet afternoon. I have had the French door and most of the windows open all day. There is a cool breeze blowing through the house. Quite cool, actually (nearly cold -- feels wonderful). I can smell autumn coming. The morning was gray & rainy, but this afternoon the sun came out. I grabbed a pillow and a blanket and laid out on the hammock on the front porch with Reilly. He laid up on it beside me, even though the hammock makes him nervous. Such a sweet dog. He kept me warm. At first, he kept sniff, sniff, sniffing, but then he settled down. The sun was shining on our faces, and we both fell asleep for a little while. It was heavenly.

I could have stayed there all afternoon. But I wanted to make potato soup for Joycie, so I had to get up.

No-Fail Easy Easy Cheesey Potato Soup Recipe:

In a large pot, dump a 32-oz. bag of frozen southern style hashbrowns (diced potatoes) and 2 14-oz. cans of chicken broth, then fill with milk until potatoes are covered and then a little more. Stir in 1 10.25-oz. can cream of chicken soup. I always grate some onion into the soup. My kids claim to not like onions, so if I grate it in (as mushy juicy onion they can't see), somehow they love it. Cover & cook on medium low heat, stirring often, until the potatoes are done. Cut up small chunks of Velveeta cheese and stir into the hot soup until cheese melts (don't boil it). I usually use, oh, about less than half of a 32-oz. size, depends on my mood. Some days I feel more cheesey than others....
And... ta da! That's it. Couldn't be easier. My family eats it like it's a dessert or something. Joycie will have it for breakfast tomorrow, too, no doubt... My girl loves potato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment