Saturday, August 16, 2008

I didn't mean to leaf you for so long...



My, oh my, how time does fly.

Since I started back to working full-time in the office July 21st, I have been busy.

And that, my friends, is the understatement of my year.

So much to blog about, so little time.

Bob, Janet, Derek & Sara made it back safe and sound from Namibia, and they had a trip of a lifetime... they all loved, loved, LOVED the trip. Bob and Derek had very successful hunts, and Janet and Sara took about 800 photos between them. Awesome!

Before they left, I gave Janet this tiny little tin that I've had for more than 25 years... before I gave it to her, I filled it with a bit of dirt from under one of their big oaks in their yard. I told her to take it to Africa with her, empty it there to leave a little bit of Michigan homeland in Africa and then fill it with Africa to bring home. And she did.



It was pretty cool to see that little bit of Africa in her hand and to know they enjoyed their time there so very, very much.



So... sometime soon, many more posts to follow, covering important and unimportant events in our lives from... oh, about May through now...

Don't forget, I've set up my blog to show only one post at a time, so look over on the left side at the archives to see if there's another you've missed (hi Sandy!), ya never know... I might do more than one post per day! (ha ha ha ha ha ha...)

No comments:

Post a Comment