Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I feel yukky... and Macramé!

Seems like lately every little bug that comes my way, I catch it. I should've listened to myself yesterday morning when I got to work and turned around, went back home and went back to bed. Ugh. Rough night. Home today. I have a big deadline at work, a lot of stuff to get done by June 30th... Ugh again. So though the bad news is that I feel like crap, the good news is that I brought all that work home with me last night (thinking I'd get up early, like hours before the crack of dawn, and get some of it done). So I'm home & can probably get more work done on that project than if I were at my desk at work. And, I'm missing an all-afternoon meeting, too. Again, good and bad. Good, coz, heck, anytime you can miss a 4-hour meeting is damn good, and bad, coz it's one of those touchy-feely HR meetings that is mandatory (something about "understanding diversity"). So I will eventually have to attend that meeting. And... I'm back to ugh.

So... remember macramé? I do, and fondly. Yes, loved it in the 70's. So anyway, I usually put Boston fern on 4 nicely placed hooks on our front porch. But this year, I procrastinated, and all the cheap ferns were gone. Since I refuse to pay $25-30 each for ferns I will eventually let die, I bought deep pink wave petunias and red clay pots on a spur-of-the-moment moment at Home Depot the other day. And to hang them, I dug out my old big bale of jute (that jute must be at least 25 years old), and I made macramé hangers for them. Just little simple things, but it fascinated my son. I think I smell some macramé lessons coming up...

I think they turned out A-OK:


And I can't wait for the petunias to GROW, because they look kinda puny right now...


Here are Frankie and N.C. lolling around the tree chair. For some reason, they just love this chair. Kev made it for me about 12 years ago with his chainsaw from a big chunk of oak tree. I love this chair, and I love to see the cats all over it. At Halloween, we stuff an old pair of jeans & a flannel shirt, with old work boots and gloves and set a headless man (with a bloody stump of a neck) on the chair on our porch. Kids love it. The first Halloween we made the headless man, I spilled a perfect circle of red paint on the chair seat, and for some reason that made me so sad... but now, every time I see the drop of "blood" it brings a smile to my face. And since the cats are usually all over the chair, I don't see it often...

No comments:

Post a Comment