Thursday, February 03, 2005

When Not to Use Your Own Name for Your Business

and: How to Prove You Put Very Little Thought into Your Company Slogan



On the way home today, I saw a small white car with red lettering on the back and on the driver's door advertising their business, which is some kind of office machine authorized dealer, I think. Their business name, with their slogan, looked a bit like this:

Hasselbring

CLARK

"A Reputation for Service"


Ahhh.... exactly what kind of service? for that matter, what kind of reputation? and what kind of service would one expect from a company with the name of Hasselbring???

I'm sure they're very nice, it was just one of those things that struck me as odd/funny, especially the slogan. OK, not so funny - mostly odd. Well, OK, really, mostly dumb. OK, I'm going to put it right out there: That's the doggone dumbest slogan I've seen painted on a car in a good, long while.

But, hey, wouldn't Hasselbring be a great last name for a football player?!

No comments:

Post a Comment