Tuesday, October 05, 2004

This Godiva Wants Me

I'm sitting at my desk looking at a Godiva milk chocolate bar. It's calling my name, and my daughter is at her basketball game... so I'm trying real hard not to listen to it! It was in a thank you card from her boyfriend's mama -- what a classy thank you card to give to someone! -- and I promised Joyce she could have it. (She earned it big time by helping me to clean out and vacuum the motorhome.)

The weekend before last, my daughter's boyfriend, Nathan, turned 16 years old. A milestone birthday. He can now obtain a driver's license. We have a deal, however, that he must first drive me around before he can drive Joyce alone. Parents worrying about their teenagers driving is so cliché... because it's so true. I think it would be a rare parent, at least in my neck of the woods, that would have no worries about their freshly licensed teen.

We had a small birthday party for our birthday boy (thus the classy thank you card). I think it made him happy, and we were happy to make him happy. He's such a sweetheart. I think I've gone the gamut of emotions about my daughter having a steady boyfriend, but she sure has made an excellent choice. Yet another reason not to gobble up her promised Godiva. Ah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment