Sunday, October 31, 2004

Another Milestone in the G.D.L.

Joyce took her segment 1 training, has kept her driving log, took her segment 2 training, and as of yesterday, passed her driving test. Next up, once she's 16 (soon), get her 1st limited license in the Graduated Drivers License program.

She & I have been practicing for her test, and it wasn't going so well. I began getting more frustrated and she began getting more nervous with me. Joyce has a tendency to speed, creeping up and over the speed limit. It drives me crazy. Pun intended. I'm quite vocal when I'm crazy. So Tuesday evening, 'nough was 'nough. I transferred the whole bag over to dad. With his calming influence and natural teaching ability, Joyce passed her test, including parallel parking, with flying colors. The woman testing her said Joyce got one of the best scores she's given -- the lower number, the better, and one must get under 25 to pass -- Joyce got a 10. Way excellent.

I'm so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment