Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Memberable Time

When I Lost My Fingernail
by Sam, Age 9

When I was in kindergarten and about 5 years old, something memberable happened to me. In the Summer my sister, Joyce had softball practice at Westown. When Joyce was practicing my dad and I practiced hitting baseballs. My dad pitched a slow pitch and I swung, and I was out too far and the ball hit my right hand. The ball losened my middle finger finger-nail. It hurt alot and I wanted to burst out crying, but I didn't because I didn't want to be embarrised in front of Joyce's softball team. My dad took me in the car and then I started crying in the car where nobody could see me. After Joyces practice was over we went home and my mom fixed it up so if I banged it it wouldn't get hurt. After about a week it was so loose that lift it practiclly all the way up. I told my grandma and she said it had to be taken off. She tried pulling it off with her hand but she couldn't get it. Finally she got a pair of pliars and yanked it off. Boy did that hurt! I screamed and cried and wouldn't let her touch my finger at all the rest of that day. My finger nail groosed my family, and all of my friends out. The fingernail grew back and for a little while was really stiff. I still can't believe that a baseball made me lose a finger nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment