Monday, September 06, 2004

The Curse of the Toilet Paper Roll

Yesterday my entire family gathered at my folks' for a BBQ. My eldest brother-in-law Bob bought porterhouse and t-bone steaks for everyone. We grilled down by the river and had a wonderful time. Everyone had their 4-wheelers, and the kids tooled around all evening -- there are tons of trails. My folks have a golf cart, and my husband and I went for a drive along the river looking at all the many and various fungi. It's been so warm and humid, the fungi are lovin' it. There was one fungus in particular that was pretty spectacular. It's growing against an old stump right off the trail, and it's bright orange and almost 2 feet in diameter. We've dubbed it the Big Orange.

Anyway, back to the Curse. I'm at my Mom and Dad's on an almost daily basis for something or another. We live less than 3 miles from them, and they've cared for our kids, while my husand and I work, since both kids were infants. Most of the time, though, I'm only there for a short time, 10 or 20 minutes. Just dropping off or picking up kids, forgotten books, or borrowing ingredients, like mozzarella cheese or eggs. That kind of thing. So it turns out that I rarely use my parents' bathroom. On those few times that I do have to take a pee when I'm there, almost always there is enough toilet paper on the roll, just enough, for me to finish my business. Then I have to change the roll. This is no big deal. But it happens almost every single time I use my parents' bathroom. I mean, 99.9% of the time -- in fact, I cannot remember a time when I haven't had to change their toilet paper roll over to a new one. Isn't that just plain weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment