Monday, August 02, 2004

You Scratch My Back, I'll Scratch Yours

When I was a kid, I had to share a room with one of my sisters. Mostly we both thought it was awful. Especially when we were in our early teens. But when we were little, lots of times, after settling in, one of us would say, "If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours." Those were the best times about sharing a room with my sister. (To this day, I absolutely love to have my back scratched. And I truly don't understand anyone who doesn't like it, though I've met a few - granted they're a rare breed - who profess to not like it. Yeah, right.) Anyway, we would scratch away each others itchy backs... and yes, sometimes try to skimp out the other one on time. And sometimes argue. But mostly it was wonderful. I loved being the second one, and falling off, or almost off, to sleep with a lovely, lovely back-scratching.

No comments:

Post a Comment