Friday, August 27, 2004

Homesickness, aka Quietude Preferred

I'm in Huntington Beach, California, on a short trip to attend a user conference. My husband and son came with me, and since they are at Disneyland today and the conference ended early, here I am alone in the hotel room looking out at the Pacific Ocean and I kinda sorta remembered... didn't I start a blog or what.

Obviously, there are a LOT of people that find this part of the world to be an ideal place to live. I have very little, if not nothing, in common with these people. Though the ocean view is beautiful, the traffic and the dense population and the resulting noise is bit by bit driving me wacky. I'm uptight and can't wait to get home.

And I'm looking out at that beautiful beach feeling like I really should go take a walk on it or something, but a) it really smells bad down there, and b) there's a shitload of people down there, and c) I have to cross PCH to get there. Well, really c) ain't no big thing, but it just feels better to have 3 reasons to remain in my (lovely) room and play on the computer, taking advantage of the hotel amenity of high speed Internet access.

Also, our daughter opted to stay home (so as not to miss basketball practice and the first game of the season), and I'm missing her dreadfully.

Also, I'm getting my husband's cold and I feel like crap. And in my book, crap = nap. Which I think is next on my California agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment