Friday, July 01, 2005

And speaking of family...

My best friend, Sandy, and her husband are in town (they live in Texas). Sandy was born and raised here, and her folks still live here in the summer months (they winter in South Texas). Sandy has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. The whole family is coming into town, from all over the U.S., to spend the weekend together and celebrate their mom and dad's wedding anniversary... I think it's their 54th or something. Up there, anyway.

Yesterday, we were invited over to have dinner at Sandy's mom and dad's, along with everyone who's arrived so far. Sandy's mom is a really good cook, and she makes the most excellent pies!


Her rhubarb pie was sooooooo good, and the berry (blueberry & raspberry) pie had Joycie wanting to go back this morning just to get another piece. I've been ordered to get the recipe. I've explained that getting a pie recipe doesn't mean it's going to be the same. Pie making is an art, not a skill. And Anne is an artist, no doubt about it!

I just love Sandy's family. Just one more thing, of many, about my best friend that makes her so wonderful and lovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment