Sunday, February 22, 2009

I must get some hair dye soon

So this past week, I've stated out loud several times that I cannot wait for springtime. Several times. This is not like me. I usually love winter, and I am never the person saying that I cannot wait until springtime.

In my now usual balance with the universe, we got over 6 inches of snow yesterday. Of course.

And, also in keeping with my current kinship with the universe, which is to say, I am the red-headed stepchild as far as good luck servings, I woke up this morning with a sore throat, chest congestion and a headache that just continued to build and build throughout the morning. I am not even 100% over the last 'flu yet, my ears still hurt, and now I'm sick all over again. Of course. This next week is a super busy one for me at work, with a lot of meetings, a lot of things to learn and a lot of deadlines. Of course.

My head feels too heavy for my body. Last week was difficult... I had some things I had to do that required composing... stringing words into sentences and sentences into paragraphs... but I felt like all creative spark in me had been snuffed out. The fires were not banked, they were stone cold. Sucked out. Leaving a big, puffy feeling in my head, like big, painful pillows between both ears.

I cannot wait until springtime. Sun. Warmth. I'm sick of winter, sick of snow and sick of coughing.

Waa, waa, waa!!! I am a whiny baby. With a runny nose.

So... because I still have no creative juices flowing whatsoever, I decided to whine and complain (so unlike me! ha!) and then show you some beautiful, beautiful photos that Joycie took with her little Sony camera last August, when it was warm and sunny and beautiful...











There, I feel a little better. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment