Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Treefrogs Are Really Loud

This evening I caught 2 Gray Treefrogs at the pool at my son's best friend Cody's house. One is bright green and the other is a yellowish-green. I did not know that they do more than trill LOUDLY -- they also bark. It sounds more like a puppy bark than a full-grown dog bark. It's very odd seeing/hearing that sound come out these little frogs. At Cody's home, they have what must be a very large population of treefrogs (judging from the chorus we heard). And the treefrogs seem to love their swimming pool. But not nearly as much as the boys do.

My plan was to release these 2 "volunteers" on our property because, though only a couple of miles away from their former home base, we seem to have no treefrogs. But now I am imagining an army of treefrogs serenading us nightly..... I think these 2 will just visit for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment